Jan 2, 2008

VTech Nitro Notebook Electronic Learning Device (Pink)


The software is so very 1980's that it's laughable (until the screaming starts) when you realize as the unit barks commands at you that you cannot mute it: you have 2 levels of volume control- Loud and a Little Less Loud but still freakin' annoying. I wanted to give my very bright little 4 year old daughter her own "little computer" to play with. She has fun on Daddy's big computer and with very little help can point and click with the mouse and is learning to use the arrow keys to manipulate cute characters on age appropriate web sites (Mickey Mouse Club House,etc..) and in K-1st grade software on our hardrive. I thought this product might get her OFF my comp and engaged and learning but alas... It was not to be. The unit LOOKS good but do NOT be fooled as I was!
Price: $49.99